Do you want to learn English for free? Do you want to speak fluently like native English speakers, don’t you? If your answer is “yes.” Then, this post is the right one for you. English is considered as the universal language, billions of people from around the world are trying to learn English. Reasons for studying English may include for employment, immigration, business or simply having an edge on their communication skill.
People enroll themselves in training centers and prestigious universities just to study English. Others go to Europe and the United States to get first hand English training and paid a hefty amount of money. However, little is known that you can hack English by yourself without costing a penny. Learning English by yourself is not really difficult if you have the patience and determination to do it. Below are the effective proven ways to learning English for free:
1. Reading English Dictionary – Reading English dictionary is the core foundation of starting to learn the language. Reading the dictionary is the best way to gain more vocabularies vital for communication, without having a rich vocabulary, speaking English is impossible. I remember when I started memorizing the dictionary that’s when I was in first-year high school even until now I still got the time to read it.
2. Watching English Movies – Another extremely effective way to learn English is – by watching English movies, the dialogues and conversations in the movies are very helpful to learn English. Watching a movie is like watching the native English speakers themselves talking in their language. In my college days, I would never fail to watch English movies at night and would try to imitate the dialogues, even write it down in my notes. There are sentences which are difficult to make for yourself but could be learned by watching English movies.
3. Read English Paragraphs daily – Aside from reading the dictionary to gain more vocabularies reading English Paragraphs daily helps a lot. No need to be particular of what kind of books are, as long as written in English – a magazine, newspaper, science books, kids story will do. Reading it daily helps you familiarize a lot of words and phrases which are commonly used in English.
4. Be With English Speaking Friends – You don’t really need to find a native English speaking friend, what I mean with “English speaking friends” are your common friends who have the same passion in learning English like you. Believe me, this is by far among the most effective ways to learn the language. Back in my college days, I had a reputation of being an “English spoken” as I would oftentimes speak English in the college and when I’m with my local friends. In fact, I befriended my college instructor who became my best buddy in talking Engish.
5. Be Confident – Being confident is the soft skill that you need to acquire to further learn and apply English in your daily life. Once you have all the prerequisites to learn English, you must have the self-confidence to use the language. Don’t be afraid to speak English in front of your friends or colleagues.
Others may find it weird when we’re speaking English, don’t mind them. Remember, you can’t please everyone– so just be yourself and think in the long run. Don’t be discouraged when they make fun of you while practicing the language. Many people failed to learn English mainly because they’re scared of criticism and what others will say.
Are you still interested to learn English?
Just to give you a heads up, if you’re planning to work overseas having a good English skill is important. As an immigrant worker here in Saudi Arabia our medium of communication in the office is mainly in English. I’m currently connected with the biggest energy company in the world. That employs more than 80 different nationalities, and to communicate effectively with those multinational colleagues you need to speak English respectively.
I hope this post may inspire you to learn and improve your English skill as well, who knows you might be the next one will reap its benefit. You don’t really need to study at an expensive university and training centers. Just follow what I’d done and I’m sure you can do it.
Do you know more effective ways to learn English? Let me know in the comment box below, don’t forget to share this blog!
The author is currently based in Saudi Arabia, the holiest land of Islam. He’s a full-time employee of the largest energy company in the world. He’s a graduate of Communication Management, loves to write and travel.