Have you ever planned to travel to another country? Have you ever visited one, haven’t you? Travelling is everyone’s childhood dream, isn’t it? Admit it, you’ve wished to travel back to when you were young! I can’t blame you for that, who else doesn’t like traveling? I loved traveling and I’m crazy about it. Recently I went to Armenia, a beautiful country in the Caucasus region. Have you ever heard about it? Well anyway, you can check it on my travel blog how I got there.
As a working professional, we’re often overloaded with stress at work, catching hectic schedules and dealing with our workmates. Do you agree with me? I often have that too, to the point of planning to quit my job. While I was there in Armenia, I have come to realize that traveling is extremely essential in our being. Life is really short, they say. And that’s true! So here is my realization why you need to travel at least once in a year:
- Seeing New Beautiful Places – The first perk of traveling is, of course, seeing jaw-dropping places. Perhaps this is the ultimate reason why we’re all traveling to see new unfamiliar places quite different from the place where we have come from. Last year, I went to Abu Dhabi and Dubai City, I was captivated while glancing their skyscrapers sprawling across the sky, their manmade islands that seemed like out of this world and their humongous shopping malls that could fit in one football field. Isn’t it worth seeing for?
- Meeting New Friends – Apart from experiencing new places, traveling is a great avenue to spread our connection and getting to know new friends for life, especially if you’re traveling alone. During my trip to Dubai, I have met plenty of new friends who were also working in Saudi Arabia and had their short visit to Dubai. Until now we’re still keeping in touch and often communicating through social media, imagine if I didn’t go there, I wouldn’t have known them at all!
- Learning New Culture – Another very exciting experience while traveling is learning a new culture. Each place and country is unique, and they have their own way of life. Travelling gives you the opportunity to widen your understanding of the people and seeing the world from a different perspective. Back in Armenia, I have experienced firsthand the Armenian kindness and hospitality and their way of living.
- Tasting New Food – We all loved food, aren’t we? Don’t deny it, I know you love it too. This is by far we all agree. Well, traveling to a new place or country is your chance to taste local delicacies, I remember eating a very delicious dish in Armenia called “King Kali” I’m not really sure how it was called. The dish was wrapped with white, thin layer of edible thing, although I could not explain how it tastes like. But one thing I’m sure, it tastes great and you should try it too!
Meeting The Locals – Another perk of traveling is the opportunity of integrating yourself with the locals. Aside from learning their culture, meeting the locals themselves are among the top on the lists of the things that you should experience while traveling to a new country, while in Armenia, I have met a middle-aged man who was very kind and showed me around the city and even invited me to try local food. Isn’t it great? I can’t wait to go back there soon.
- Learning New Language – Sound interesting right? Having to learn a new language from a different country is a souvenir you could bring back home with pride. Well, I’m not saying you should learn their language completely well. Nobody could do that, unless if you live there for several years perhaps. But at least learn the basic – “how are you or what’s your name,” is already a milestone for a traveler like you. I can’t forget one word in Armenia – “Merci” which means, thank you. Are you convinced now to travel? Not yet! Oh, let’s keep going…
- Learning the History of the Country/Place – This is something you haven’t thought about right? For us, traveling is merely sightseeing, you’re wrong! Traveling to a new country is also learning the history of the country itself. Whether the locals are telling you the history, which is good, or not, you can quickly grasp and picture out from your mind the rich history of the country by simply glancing through their ancient edifice, façade and monuments will provide you with the glimpse of its rich untold history.
- Travelling is Fun, Fun, and Fun! – Believed me, whether you’re alone or with a groupie, traveling is a super fun experience to the point that you don’t wanna go back home. The day prior to my flight back to Saudi Arabia. I felt really gloomy and feeling uneasy, I have completely loved the place, the people, and its culture. So don’t bother how much you’ve spent during your trips, what really matters most – is that you enjoy it! After all, we’re not gonna stay in is this world forever right?
- Travelling is Therapeutic – This is something that I’m going to be serious about, are you ready to listen? Travelling is therapeutic, I don’t care if the medical institution will discredit and raise their eyebrows on my claim. Believed me, if you’re too stressed at work, having difficulties sleeping or experiencing depression. Go ahead, book a flight, it would surely help you relieve whatever ailing you right now.
- Bonus! Finding Your Soulmate – If you’re single and ready to mingle and if you’re lucky, you’ll meet the soulmate of your dream or perhaps your prince charming. I know a lot of travelers who found their other half through traveling. Sounds great right? I know you’re smiling right now while reading this. Take note, this is only for singles, sorry for those who are taken lol.
I don’t know if those reasons won’t still convince you to travel. Anyway, do you have anything to add on to my list? Is there anything I have missed out? Let me know in the comment section below.
The author is currently based in Saudi Arabia, the holiest land of Islam. He’s a full-time employee of the largest energy company in the world. He’s a graduate of Communication Management, loves to write and travel.